More about the Melkbos Movement Studio
At the Melkbos Movement Studio, we employ various therapies and techniques to help our clients improve on their mobility, strength and posture. Some of the techniques and therapies we use include aqua, fascia release, Feldenkrais, Gyrotonics and cardio.
We also offer professional Pilates classes at our studio, led by qualified and experienced instructors. Developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century, Pilates is today a popular form of exercise. The focus of Pilates lies in the development of the body with the help of flexibility, core strength and awareness, executed by efficient and graceful movements.
To accommodate all of our clients, we are able to modify our various therapies and techniques to suit each one of our client’s individual needs and goals. All of the methods we use are challenging yet safe for beginners and experienced clients alike.
- Gerda Miller (studio owner and instructor): Gerda is a qualified physiotherapist, manipulative therapist (OMT) and Pilates instructor with years of extensive experience on her side.
- Tracy Williams (Pilates instructor): Tracy is a qualified Pilates instructor with a diploma in Fitness and Nutrition. She also completed the Healthy Living Education Motor Function and Movement
- Patterns course with Gerda Miller and she has a special interest in Reformer and pre-natal Pilates.
- Caryn Paulsen (physiotherapist and instructor): Caryn is a young and enthusiastic physiotherapist that qualified from the University of the Western Cape in 2013.
- Kim Vester (physiotherapist and instructor): Kim qualified as a physiotherapist in 2012 from Stellenbosch University.
- Suzanne Hille Van De Sande (physiotherapist and instructor): Suzanne graduated from the European School of Physiotherapy in Amsterdam in 2011 and has completed various Pilates mat work courses through the Australian Physio and Pilates Association (APPI).
For more information on our services and our rates, please visit our website.